Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ouchety Ouch Ouch

You can see that I've been kind of quiet on this blog for a long time. That's because besides dealing with a Dad who has Alzheimer's, and job issues, and other family issues, I've also been struggling with a very painful physical problem.

As far as I can remember my shoulder started bothering me in January. I didn't do anything to it in particular, it just started to ache. As the months passed, it got worse and worse. So as usual, I ignored it.

Finally the pain was unbearable. I went to an orthopedist yesterday and for one thing he gave me a shot of cortisone directly into the shoulder joint. This has helped tremendously as far as the pain, but I also need to ice it to bring the swelling down. And I need to do 12 weeks of physical therapy for the muscle spasms.

But also after all the X-rays I found out that I have multiple back problems including scoliosis that was undiagnosed and where there should be a space between the C5 and C6 vertabra in my neck, there's almost no space. We don't know if any of this is the cause of my problems, and we won't know until all the swelling is taken care of and after physical therapy is completed.

So, if you don't see me for a while again, say a prayer for me and send some good healing energy. I need it.

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment